Monday, December 12, 2011

And the winner is...

In a previous blog post I mentioned a photo contest that my company was promoting for one of the Chinese government's friendship committees. Under the banner of "Green Beijing" the competition encouraged foreigners to photograph anything in the city that exemplified man coexisting with nature.

I spent the better part of the summer taking photos to participate but had to laugh at the competition's theme. Beijing isn't exactly a green city. I'd go as far as saying that it's the antithesis of what a green, eco friendly metropolis should be. The skies are constantly gray, cars jam the streets, trash is strewn about the streets, and, as I recently learned, the city is surrounded by a ring of dumps where the city's trash is piling up at an astronomical rate.

On the few blue sky days we had here during the summer (I think there was about three) I was out in search of a photo op. And it paid off -- one of my photos won second place in the competition. It wasn't the best of the photos I submitted, but one of the judges must have seen something in it.


1 comment:

  1. That’s a awesome article you posted. I found the post very useful as well as interesting. I will come back to read some more. Thanks for sharing the information . I will surely come for beijing tours next vacation..

    ReplyDelete