Friday, April 2, 2010

My Mom and Mike Meet Mao



Our first day of sightseeing included Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and Jingshan Park. We got up bright and early and down to the square to get in line to see the Chairman -- Mao Zedong. I waited with their bags and cameras (which aren't allowed into the Chairman's Mausoleum) while they went through. After a few walks around Tiananmen Square, we headed into the Forbidden City and then Jingshan Park.


BIRD'S EYE VIEW: From atop Jingshan Park you get a great view of the Forbidden City and Tiananmen in the distance


MOM AND MAO: My mom stands in front of Tiananmen Gate before we visited the Forbidden City. Note the massive portrait of Mao Zedong above the entrance gate


FAMILY PHOTO: The three of us inside the Forbidden City


NOT SO FORBIDDEN: One of the inner temples of the Forbidden City


CITY LIMITS: My brother and I stand next to Tiananmen Gate for one of a hundred photos my mom would take of us that day


CELEBRITY: My brother was asked to have his photo taken with a random Chinese person. Was he mistaken for an American celebrity?


MAO'S RESTING PLACE: Chairman Mao is preserved in the building shown here. My mom and brother stood in line for a glimpse of the Chairman


OLD CITY GATE: Mike and I stand near one Beijing's old inner city gates

No comments:

Post a Comment