Friday, December 18, 2009

Ringing in the New Year (Early)


To celebrate the holiday season, China International Publishing Group held a reception for their foreign experts working for the seven CIPG magazines. The event was held at the Beijing Shangri La hotel in the northwest part of the city. The event was similar to the dinner at the Great Hall of the People in October, but specific to CIPG employees. The food was equally sumptuous -- a combination of dishes of creatures from the air, sea and land. And of course there were toasts all around from the bosses of CIPG. The best part were the small stuffed tigers everyone received, a prelude to the upcoming Chinese New Year -- the Year of the Tiger. I can't say I'm a big fan of stuffed animals, but now I have one less present to buy for someone (I'm not sure what the code of ethics concerning re-gifting is in China, but I'll soon find out).


No comments:

Post a Comment